News from the Silver Threads Seniors Club
By Barbara Bailey
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2017
The Seniors Club will be having Zumba classes again starting on Tuesday evening, Oct. 24 from 5:45 to 7 p.m. This is a fun session of exercise and dance to some amazing music. If you are unable to get a fitness class into your schedule during the day, take some time out for yourself in the evening and experience a fun activity.
Laurie will be visiting the Club to give a seminar on Lifestyles and she will be informing us about how she and her partner can assist seniors who may be looking for placements in retirement homes or Long Term Care. Be sure and come out for this information session on Thursday, Nov. 9 at 1 p.m.
Last Thursday we held a seminar about Estate Planning and here is a check list to assist you in this area of your life.
• Ensure your will is current, complete and clear.
• Provide additional information and instruction to those left behind.
• Review beneficiary designations.
• Ensure your dependents have enough funds for their needs while your estate is being settled.
• Investigate your family’s financial needs.
• Leave detailed information for assets and accounts.
• Discuss probate fee planning with a lawyer/financial institution.
• Check out the Estate Administration Tax on the government website. A lot has changed in the past couple of years.
We are planning on having another session on wills and all information associated with wills at the spring Annual General Meeting.
A big thank you to everyone who supported the Stone Fence Theatre on Saturday evening, it was a fun show and the food was delicious. Ish is already working on a new play for next year. It is so good to be able to enjoy such talented people in our community.
The winners of the Friday evening Euchre were: Dave Tosello, Royce Slater, Marie Arnold, Mary Jukes, Gilda Mateaus.
Thursday evening is our Fall Dinner/Dance with lots of good music and of course a delicious meal. Looking forward to seeing everyone again on that lovely evening when we get a chance to kick up our heels.
Have a great week and I will see you at the Club!